ExampleCampaign advertisements should help us understand the candidate's qualifications and positions on the issues. What issues does it raise? Not every essay can end on this note. If you wish to make a new point, it should be in a body paragraph. As in the introduction, it is essential to revisit your in the conclusion. To the right, the tall peak of The Matterhorn rose even higher. Why is it important? Take the most important, relevant, and useful main points from your and summarise them here. Furthermore, by removing the opportunity for children to bully, providing children with a stimulating environment, and giving them the tools to deal with conflict appropriately, teachers can reduce children's inclination to bully. Although bullying will never be fully eradicated and must be dealt with as soon as it occurs, increasing awareness of the problem is making schools a safer and more enjoyable environment in which children can learn. For further examples, see and. Have a study or assignment writing question?
What are the implications of this argument? Again, do not simply repeat it word for word. It may also bring your main ideas together to create a new meaning. As I entered the gate, Main Street stretched before me with its quaint shops evoking an old-fashioned small town so charming it could never have existed. If higher-paying careers continue to attract the best and the brightest students, there will not only be a shortage of teachers, but the teachers available may not have the best qualifications. A writer needs to keep in mind that the conclusion is often what a reader remembers best. Thus, jury duty challenges us to be interested and responsible citizens.
- Looking to the future: Looking to the future can emphasize the importance of your paper or redirect the readers' thought process. A conclusion should
- stress the importance of the thesis statement,
- give the essay a sense of completeness, and
- leave a final impression on the reader.
- Echoing the introduction: Echoing your introduction can be a good strategy if it is meant to bring the reader full-circle. Instead, most tell us what a boob or knave the opposing candidate is, or they present general images of the candidate as a family person or God-fearing American. Do such advertisements contribute to creating an informed electorate or a people who choose political leaders the same way they choose soft drinks and soap?
I could see tired children, toddling along and struggling to keep their eyes open as best they could. If your introduction went from general to specific, make your conclusion go from specific to general. Ask an expert at However, juries are part of America's attempt to be a free and just society. I was entranced. The conclusion of an essay has three major parts: No new information that is relevant to the focus of the essay should be introduced here. Shorter essays (those below 1200 words) do not have enough space available to describe the significance in detail. They have read it. It may help them apply the new information to their lives or see things more globally. Example Introduction From the parking lot, I could see the towers of the castle of the Magic Kingdom standing stately against the blue sky. Your conclusion should be the best part of your paper. By demonstrating how your ideas work together, you can create a new picture. Our youth will suffer. Think globally.
- Create a new meaning
- You don't have to give new information to create a new meaning. Show them that your paper was meaningful and useful.
- Don't simply repeat things that were in your paper.
But then I smiled to think that for at least a day I felt ten years old again.
- Challenging the reader: By issuing a challenge to your readers, you are helping them to redirect the information in the paper, and they may apply it to their own lives. Essay conclusion history. And when youth suffers, the future suffers.
- Posing questions: Posing questions, either to your readers or in general, may help your readers gain a new perspective on the topic, which they may not have held before reading your conclusion. Disneyland may have been built for children, but it brings out the child in adults. Conclusion I thought I would spend a few hours at Disneyland, but here I was at 1: 00 A. M., closing time, leaving the front gates with the now dark towers of the Magic Kingdom behind me. However, if you are looking for a dynamic way to end your essay a broader statement on the big picture can be highly effective. The following example conclusion contains all three components: Above all, teachers need to inform themselves and the rest of the school community so that together they can develop a policy to discourage bullying. By educating themselves about bullying, teachers and parents have the knowledge to set up effective programmes and structures both within the classroom and for the whole school. Show them how the points you made and the support and examples you used were not random, but fit together.
- Redirect your readers
- Give your reader something to think about, perhaps a way to use your paper in the real world. From the left, I could hear the jungle sounds of Adventureland. It demonstrates to the reader why the argument is especially important or relevant for the topic. There are several general statements that you can make in the conclusion to take it beyond merely summarising the essay. My forty-year-old feet ached, and I felt a bit sad to think that in a couple of days I would be leaving California, my vacation over, to go back to my desk. If you begin by describing a scenario, you can end with the same scenario as proof that your essay was helpful in creating a new understanding. The rest of the conclusion expands out, giving the reader an idea of the relevance and implications of your answer: As with the introduction, this order of elements is not set in stone. Your perspective on an issue. ExampleWithout well-qualified teachers, schools are little more than buildings and equipment. An excellent essay goes a step further: Adapt the order to suit the needs of each particular essay. The conclusion is the final place to show the connections between all the points made in your essay. Strategies for Writing a Conclusion Strategies for Writing a Conclusion Conclusions are often the most difficult part of an essay to write, and many writers feel that they have nothing left to say after having written the paper. A good essay convinces the reader of the correctness of your argument.
- Don't simply repeat things that were in your paper.